Mục lục bài viết
I. Các ý tưởng có thể triển khai áp dụng từ vựng chủ đề Water
1. Importance of Clean Water
- Water is as necessary natural resource;
- Humans need access to clean, safe drinking water in order to live;
- Poor water quality is a major cause of disease and death in some countries;
- Developing countries often lack the means to treat and supply water to citizens;
- Drinking water is not contaminated by sewage or wasted water;
- The supply of clean water would improve public health in many developing countries.
2. Water Supply
- Urban life would be impossible without water supply systems;
- Many professionals are involved in their planning, construction and maintenance;
- The supply and distribution of water are major concerns;
- Water is becoming scarce in some countries;
- As populations grow, there is more pressure on water supplies;
- This could lead to a water crisis.
3. Water and Politics
- The supply of water is also an important political issue;
- Huge amounts of water are needed for agriculture and industry;
- A water crisis could lead to political conflicts or even wars.
4. Argument: Water should be Free
- Some people believe that water should be free for everyone;
- Governments should supply water to all homes at no cost;
- Money from taxes can be used to pay for water supply systems.
5. Argument: Water should not be Free
- If water is free, people take it for granted;
- They do not think about how much water they waste;
- If we have to pay for water, we will use it more responsibly;
- Water supply systems are extremely expensive;
- Private companies may provide a better service than governments;
- If they provide an efficient service, they will make more money;
6. Bottled Water: Opinions
- Some people carry bottles of water wherever they go;
- For example, they take bottles of water to work or to the gym;
- They believe that bottled water is healthier than tap water;
- Plastic water bottles add to litter and waste problems;
- Companies should not be able to make a profit from water;
- There is no difference in quality between bottled and tap water.
II. Từ vựng chủ đề Water trong IELTS Writing
Những từ vựng chủ để Water “chất” nâng cao dưới đây sẽ giúp bạn có thể tự tin thể hiện vốn từ vựng IELTS trong câu trả lời với giám khảo để đạt được điểm tốt.
1. The importance of water
|a type of solid, liquid or gas that has particular qualities
|to perform the process in which plants turn carbon dioxide, sunlight and water into food
|thực hiện quá trình quang hợp
|the same as ‘drinking water’
|chất lượng kém
- Firstly, water is one of the most important substances on earth. If there were no water, there would be no life on earth.
- For example, plants need not only sunlight or carbon dioxide but also water to perform photosynthesis generating food and energy for the trees.
- Secondly, humans themselves need potable water so as to maintain their lives and other daily activities like cooking or washing.
- For example, poor quality drinking water is the major cause of diseases and deaths in some countries.
2. Problems with water supply
Poor-quality drinking water
|the waste produced from industrial processes
|chất thải công nghiệp
|wastewater from households
|nước thải gia đình, nước thải sinh hoạt
|Leak into something
|(of a liquid or gas) to get in or out through a small hole or crack in something
|rò rỉ, rỉ ra, rò ra cái gì
|Water supply system
|the network that provides water for communities
|hệ thống cung cấp nước
|Water purification system
|the system or machine that help purify water used for drinking
|hệ thống lọc nước
- Firstly, industrial waste and domestic sewage leaking into the water supply system is likely to contaminate the water used for drinking.
- Secondly, low quality potable water is possibly the result of the poor water purification systems in some countries.
|the amount of sewage leaking
|rò rỉ nước thải sinh hoạt
|the same as ‘water purification’
|sự lọc nước
- Government should pay attention to construct reliable machine systems for purifying water used in households and at the same time sewage system should be improved so as to prevent sewage leakage.
- Each household should also be aware of the importance of drinking clean water and have a water filtration product at home.
4. Water shortage
|the same as ‘water shortage’
|sự thiếu nước
|the drought that lasts for a long time
|hạn hán dài
|ô nhiễm nước
|Not fit to be drunk because of impurity or poor quality.
|không thể uống được
- The first cause of water scarcity is overusing and misusing water.
- Another reason for the lack of drinking water is the prolonged droughts taking place in many parts of the world.
- The final culprit is water contamination, which prompts the water undrinkable.
|Access to something
|the opportunity or right to use something or to see somebody/something
|tiếp cận được với cái gì
|the equipment and systems that keep places clean, especially by removing human waste
|hệ thống vệ sinh
|Disease can be spread while bathing, washing or drinking water, or by eating food exposed to infected water.
|các bệnh lây lan qua nước thông qua việc tắm giặt hay ăn uống đồ ăn có nhiễm nước bẩn
|used to refer as water shortage
|khủng hoảng nước
|the conflict related to politics
|mâu thuẫn chính trị
- Without access to clean water, people are likely to be prevented from having proper sanitation.
- This could lead to some waterborne diseases. In many places, lack of water is responsible for many deaths every year.
- Another effect of water crisis is that it could lead to political conflicts or even wars because in order to facilitate industrial process or agricultural activities, there needs to be an enormous amount of water.
Xem thêm >>>
- Từ vựng chủ đề Food and Diet
- Cải thiện từ vựng tiếng Anh
- Từ vựng chủ đề Relationships
- Từ vựng chủ đề Education
- Cách Học Từ Vựng Nhớ Lâu
- Từ vựng chủ đề Music
6. Should water be free or not?
a. Reasons why water should be free
|Make it difficult for (s.o) to do something or for (s.th) to happen.
|the same as death rate
|Tỷ lệ tử vong
- Charging drinking water may hinder the access to clean water amongst low-income population, which can result in the increased mortality rates, especially infant mortality rates.
b. Reasons why water should not be free
|Take s.b/s.th for ranted
|to be so used to somebody/something that you do not recognize their true value anymore and do not show that you are grateful
|coi ai đó/cái gì đó là đương nhiên
|Use (something) in the wrong way or for the wrong purpose.
|sử dụng sai mục đích
|Run out (of s.th)
|to use up or finish a supply of something
|hết cái gì đó
|Use too much.
|sử dụng quá nhiều
- If water is free, people will take it for granted. For this reason, the amount of clean water wasted is likely to skyrocket and very soon water sources will run out completely.
- Paying for pure water can prevent residents from overusing and misusing the water effectively.
III. Đề mẫu áp dụng từ vựng chủ đề Water
Sau đây là 2 đề mẫu để áp dụng từ vựng chủ đề Water, các bạn hãy đọc câu hỏi gợi ý nhé!
“Water is a natural resource that should always be free. Governments should ban the sale of bottled water. To what extent do you agree or disagree?”
“Water resources around the world are falling deficient. Analyze the possible reasons and provide your suggestions.”