Chủ đề tả người (describe a person) thuộc nhóm 4 dạng đề miêu tả trong bài thi IELTS Speaking Part 2, cùng với tả nơi chốn (describe a place), tả một trải nghiệm (describe an experience) và tả đồ vật (describe an object). Cùng Học IELTS tìm hiểu về chủ đề Describe a famous person cho phần thi IELTS Speaking Part 2 nhé!
Bài viết sẽ hướng dẫn cho các bạn một số ý tưởng về cách lựa chọn nội dung đưa vào phần Speaking, những từ vựng nên dùng và một số mẹo dùng cấu trúc ngữ pháp về chủ đề: Describe a famous person. Điều thú vị ở đây là bạn có thể sử dụng những từ vựng IELTS và cấu trúc ngữ pháp này cho những chủ đề khác như (a teacher, an old person…)
I. Cấu trúc câu và từ vựng thường dùng cho chủ đề Describe a famous person
Bảng thông tin cho chủ đề Describe a famous person dưới đây cung cấp ngôn ngữ tả người cực “đỉnh” mà bạn hoàn toàn có thể áp dụng trong lúc tự học luyện thi IELTS tại nhà và ôn luyện để có một kỳ thi tuyệt vời.
|ĐỀ MỤC||CHI TIẾT||CHÚ THÍCH NGÔN NGỮ|
|GENERAL INFORMATION SETTING
(Thông tin chung – bối cảnh)
|– His real name is Nguyễn Thanh Tùng. He is known professionally as ‘Son Tung MPT’
– He is a Vietnamese singer, song-writer and producer.
– It was around 5 years ago when I was still a lower secondary student.
– I stumbled upon him in an MV on Youtube
|– known professionally as: có nghệ danh là, được biết đến như là…
– stumble upon: vô tình biết đến
|– He’s a handsome/ good-looking/ chubby/ slender/ well-built/medium-built man with long black hair and a charming smile.||– chubby: mũm mỉm
– slender: mảnh khảnh
– well-built: vạm vỡ
– medium-built: thể hình trung bình
|– He’s a kind-hearted man who’s always willing to help others.
– He’s an optimistic man who always look on the bright side.
– He’s a diligent man who love work more than anything else.
– He’s a good role model for young people to follow.
– She’s a amiable girl who is loved by all of her friends.
|– He/ She is a … person who…: anh/ cô ấy là người mà…
– kind-hearted: tốt bụng
– optimistic: lạc quan
– diligent: chăm chỉ
– amiable: dễ mến
– look on the bright side: luôn nhìn về mặt tốt của vấn đề
– role model: hình mẫu
(Ấn tượng ban đầu)
|– At first, I thought he was a reserved/shy man. He didn’t talk much to anyone.
– However, he turned out to be very talkative and extroverted
|– At first, I thought…
– However, it turned out to be…: hồi đầu tôi tưởng…hóa ra thì…
|– There was a time when I needed a lot of help with my upcoming exams. He spent, like, 5 hours a week teaching me English!
– There was a time when I and he went on a trip together to Da Lat. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed a lot of delicacies there.
|– There was a time: có lần…|
(Điều tốt nhất)
|– What I like most about him/her is the fact that he’s very smart. He can speak 3-4 languages fluently!
– What I am most impressed is his confidence – He can talk in front of 100 people with ease.
|– What I like most about him/her is…: cái tôi thích nhất ở anh/cô ấy là…
– What I am most impressed: cái tôi ấn tượng nhất
|– I’ll try my best to become such a great person like him.|||
Một số điểm ngữ pháp hay cho chủ đề Describe a famous person
- Without a doubt, a famous figure that I have a lot of admiration for is…..
- I came to know her/him through…..
- He/she shot to stardom after….
- I admire him/her because……..Firstly,…..Also…..
II. Bài mẫu chủ đề Describe a famous person
1. Describe a famous person who is good at his or her job
Today I would like to describe a person who does very well at work, and that is no other than Ms. My Tam, a very famous singer in Vietnam. Of all the celebrities, My Tam has always been beacon of light not just for her fame but also for her great passion for the work that she has committed to.
The first time got to know My Tam was, like, 10 years ago when I came across her albums in a music store near my house. Her smoldering eye makeup and iconic hairstyle instantly got into my heart, and you know what’s better than that? her amazing mezzo-soprano voice. I instantly got hooked on her voice upon hearing it played in the music store.
Besides her angelic voice, My Tam is also known for her dedication to her work. She once told the press that she loves her job, and she said that she was willing to be a singer for the rest of her life without getting married, which was quite a statement and made the headline for weeks to come at that particular time. Well you know, I always look up to any well-known public figures who were able to devote all aspects their lives to their line of work.
My Tam struck at people’s heart core by delivering down-to-earth music that inspired thousands of audiences regard- less of ages, genders or social status, she was also known for her tireless charity work. She was such a busy-bee that sometimes she did not care about herself. At one time, she dropped everything to sing live in the concert held by the disadvantaged and donated a huge sum of money for them. She is, by all means, the greatest woman that I have ever seen.
Từ vựng cho chủ đề Describe a famous person
- A beacon of light (n.p): ngọn hải đăng
- Come across: tình cờ thấy
- Smoldering (adj): chảy bỏng, nồng nàn
- Get hooked on: bị nghiện
- Mezzo-soprano (n): giọng nữ trung
- dedication (n) sự tận tụy
- Make the headline (idiom): trở thành tiêu đề nóng
- Public figure (n): người của công chúng
- Struck at people’s heart core: lay động con tim mọi người
- Down-to-earth (adj): gần gũi
- Busy-bee (n): người bận rộn, chăm chỉ (con ong chăm chỉ)
2. Describe a female leader you would like to meet
Okay I’m gonna talk about Thái Vân Linh – also known as Shark Linh – a female leader l’d love to see in person. I will refer to her as ‘Shark Linh’ in this small talk.
Although born in Vietnam, Shark Linh was brought to the US with her family when she was very little. Therefore, whereas she has an impressive command of English, she’s still occasionally struggling in getting her ideas across in Vietnamese. However, the language barrier does not hinder her from embarking on a new venture in Vietnam. she rejected great offers from American corporations to become the CEO at VietnamCapital, and later launched her own start-up – Rita Phil – a company that sells tailor – made bridal gowns.
Shark Linh is most famous for her role as a Shark in Shark Tank Vietnam – the Vietnamese version of the famous reality TV series. Though she’s usually the calmer Shark among the four who usually take a gentler approach when she makes coments on others, she’s also very sharp upon making decisions. From what l’ve observed throughout the series, Shark Linh only invested in fields she had great knowledge of.
Shark Linh has been a great role model for Vietnamese young women. Her famous saying “I see no discrepancy in agility and ability between men and women” and her appearance in the show has inspired thousands of Vietnamese women, encouraging them to work in the field of finance.
Từ vựng cho chủ đề Describe a famous person
- See in person: gặp ngoài đời
- Has an impressive command of: có năng lực xuất sắc về lĩnh vực gì
- Get one’s ideas across: truyền đạt thông tin/ý tường
- Language barrier: rào cản ngôn ngữ
- Hinder somebody from: cần trở ai làm gì
- Embark on: bắt đầu
- venture: công việc kinh doanh (có yếu tố mạo hiểm)
- Tailor – made: được may đo, điều chinh riêng cho từng đối tượng
- bridal gown: váy cưới
- Take a gentler approach: có cách tiếp cận nhẹ nhàng
- Role model: là hình mẫu
- Discrepancy: sự khác biệt
3. Describe an interesting old person you would like to meet
An interesting old person I would like to meet is Bà Tân Vlog, which can be roughly translated into English as “Grandma Tân the Vlogger”. Grandma Tân is not a ordinary elderly woman who sees knitting as her hobby – she is a Youtube superstar! Her Youtube channel has roughly 1.5 million subscribers now – an impressive feat for an elderly Youtuber.
Grandma Tân is famous for her ability to make big and spicy dishes, as she usually put it “massive and fiery”. One day she might surprise you with a “massive and fiery” hot pot; another day you might see her serving everyone in her village 100 “massive and fiery” chicken drumsticks. Her catchphrase “massive and fiery” has become a running joke among Internet users.
Reception towards Grandma Tân and her videos are mixed. Some people think that her videos do not deserve that much spotlight – They are neither good songs nor great MVs. Some others, however, think that she is a great entertainer.
Từ vựng cho chủ đề Describe a famous person
- Roughly translated: tạm dịch là
- Impressive feat: kì tích
- Massive and fiery: siêu cay khổng lồ
- Catchphrase: cụm từ lặp đi lặp lại, cụm từ hay nói của một người
- Running joke: trò đùa hay được nhắc tới
- Reception: sự tiếp nhận
- Deserve: xứng đáng
- Spotlight: sự chú ý của công chúng
III. Câu hỏi mẫu chủ đề Describe a famous person – IELTS Speaking part 3
1. What sorts of people are famous in your country?
Just like other countries, celebrities in Vietnam come from many sectors. Most of them, I’d say they’re from the entertainment industry. A-list actors and singers appear in a lot of television shows and advertisements. Athletes are another category, especially footballers, people in Vietnam are crazy about football so naturally the best players get a lot of attention. Here and there, we also have some well-known chefs, writers and doctors.
- Sector (n): lĩnh vực
- Entertainment industry: ngành giải trí
- A-list: hạng A
2. How do people become famous?
There are many means by which one can become well known. For starters, in any field, you can work your way up and hone your skills and eventually be recognized for your excellence and achievements. But of course, it’s harder to be recognized when you’re a very good chef than when you’re a very good actor. Another way to be famous is to appear in a viral story or video on social media. This kind of fame is difficult to sustain as trends fade quickly.
The last that I can think of is to appear in talent shows such as the “Vietnam’s Got Talents” shows, The Voice, and my favorite, “Sing My Song”. In these shows, you can showcase your talent and if you’re lucky you can be famous quite rapidly too.
- For starters: đầu tiên (khi liệt kê)
- Work your way up: đi từ dưới lên
- Sustain (v): duy trì
- Showcase (v): trình diễn, trình bày
- Rapidly (adj): một cách nhanh chóng
3. Are there any differences between people who were famous a few years ago and the people who are famous today?
To be honest, I’m not entirely sure. If we take “social media” as the main difference between the recent past and now, we could see some trends. Because we didn’t use social media so much in the past, it wasn’t really possible to be famous from making videos online.
Well, of course there were a few exceptions. I remembered the turning point in my country when young people began videotaping themselves sharing opinions, making skits. This trend took other young people by the storm and paved the way for so many more internet-based celebrities. I’d say, at the present time, way more people have become famous on social media than on any other medium.
- The turning point:
- Skit (n): tiểu phẩm
- To take someone by the storm: gây sốt, gây bão với ai đó
- To pave the way for something: “dọn đường” cho việc gì đó
4. Do you think there is such a thing as bad publicity?
Yes, of course. And I’d even go further to say that bad publicity is extremely difficult to get rid of. Once celebrities are involved in scandals, their sponsors often drop them further deals. Some of their fans may boycott them also. They can also be shunned by their colleagues and black-listed by recruiters for future business. It’s extremely hard for them to get back on track after something like that.
- To boycott (v): tẩy chay
- To shun (v): tránh né
- To blacklist (v): cho vào danh sách đen
- To get back on track:
Chủ đề Describe a famous person là một trong những chủ đề quan trọng và thường xuất hiện trong bài thi IELTS Speaking. Hy vọng rằng sau khi bạn tham khảo các cấu trúc câu và bài mẫu ở trên bạn đã biết cách phát triển ý cho bài nói của mình. Chúc bạn luôn tự tin trong các phần thi và đạt được kết quả mong muốn nhé!