Chủ đề: Picnic là một chủ đề khá hay và khá phổ biến IELTS Speaking part 1. Hôm nay, cùng Anh ngữ UEC – địa chỉ học luyện thi IELTS uy tín tại Đà Nẵng tìm hiểu về chủ đề này nhé!
Mục lục bài viết
IELTS Speaking part 1 – Sample Answer – Chủ đề: Picnic
1. Have you ever gone to picnics?
Yes, I have. Although I haven’t been to many picnics, I enjoy each and every one of them. I think they’re a great way to bond with your family and friends. What a wonderful idea it is to just relax, enjoy nature and the company of loved ones at the same time.
- The company of someone: sự góp mặt/ đi cùng/ hiện diện của ai đó
Well I wish I could do so regularly. You know, I’m really into outdoor activities and especially family outings. However, my life is becoming sort of hectic, so I can only go on a picnic every once in a while and usually at the weekend.
- Be into something = like something: thích điều gì đó
2. Did you go on a picnic when you were a child?
If my memory serves me right, I didn’t, which is unfortunate because I did miss the wonderful experience of going on a picnic in my childhood. I dunno, perhaps my parents weren’t into it or their time was just occupied with work during those younger years of mine. I was already a teen when I experienced going on a picnic with my friends and classmates.
- If my memory serves me right = if I remember correctly: nếu tôi nhớ không nhầm
- Occupied = busy and active: bận rộn
I have to say not much since both of my parents were busy businesspersons. They couldn’t spend too much time with me, let alone going on a picnic. I think they’ve begun to regret that because now they’re retired and want to spend more time with me, but now, I’m the one who has so many things to do.
- to regret (v): hối tiếc
Yes, definitely! I had countless opportunities of going on a picnic when I was little and that’s because my parents love outdoors. We actually have a camper van and we used it a lot when I was a child – traveling to different magnificent places and having picnics. My parents still have the van and every time I get back home to see them, I always have this bittersweet feeling whenever I see that van because wonderful childhood memories come flooding back.
- Camper van = motor home: xe tải trại
- Get back = come back
- Bittersweet: vừa ngọt vừa đắng, vui buồn lẫn lộn
- Flood back: tràn về
3. How frequently do you go out for picnics?
I’m a busy person so I can only go on a picnic every now and then. Actually, I would love to change this. At the moment, I’m trying to rearrange my schedule in order to have more time on weekends to invite friends and family for picnics.
- every now and then (expression): thỉnh thoảng
- to rearrange (v): sắp xếp lại
Just rarely, I don’t have a lot of time these days as I’m incredibly busy, besides, it’s not advisable to go on a picnic these days considering the situation that we’re all in. Doing recreational activities in these trying times is too risky as we might get contracted with the virus.
- Incredibly: đáng kinh ngạc
- Advisable: nên, thích hợp, đáng theo
I don’t go on a picnic at all and that’s the last thing I want to do. Honestly, I have so many things that I need to deal with on a daily basis. Well, I’m not saying that I don’t have time to unwind, of course, I also spend time relaxing now and then, it’s just that, going on a picnic is not my cup of tea.
- Deal with (v): đối phó với
- Unwind (v): thư giãn
- Not my cup of tea: thứ gì đó không thuộc sở thích của bạn
4. Where do you usually go on a picnic?
Well, just the usual places that people love visiting such as parks, lakes, and forests. Recently, I’ve heard about holding a picnic in urban spaces like a rooftop with a view of the city skyline, a museum park, a town square, and the like. I think that must be interesting, I’d like to give it a shot one day.
- Skyline: đường chân trời
- Give it a shot (idiom): thử (cái gì đó)
I love going on a picnic at the beach simply because I enjoy listening to the sound of the sea waves, smelling the sea breeze, and watching the birds fly over the water. Also, it’s a perfect place for a picnic as I can sunbathe that helps me relieve all my work-related stress. Doing all these things helps me forget all my worries and I make a habit of having a picnic at the beach every now and again.
- Sunbathe (verb): tắm nắng
- Make a habit of something: bắt đầu làm một việc gì đó đều đặn, thường xuyên
5. What kinds of food are usually eaten at a picnic?
Normally finger food or those that are easy to pack like chicken drumsticks, sausage rolls, pies, sandwiches, and many more. However, some people don’t like eating foods that are preheated so they usually bring a barbecue grill when going on a picnic and just enjoy grilling some meat or fish and I think that’s way better.
- Finger food: bữa tiệc nhẹ, được bày trí dưới dạng các món khai vị
- Preheat: đun nóng trước, làm nóng sơ bộ
- Barbecue grill: đồ ăn nướng trực tiếp trên bếp lửa
6. What is the difference between a picnic and cooking at home?
Well, at a picnic mostly people prefer to grill or barbecue and have some cold drinks along with. Also, many like to carry already prepared food items or fruits and snacks. People just sit together in an open area, sunbathe, gossip and prepare or serve food items. However, cooking at home is done mostly in kitchens and it is quite monotonous in comparison to outdoor cooking where people tend to enjoy it more.
- monotonous (adj): đều đều, đơn điệu, buồn tẻ
In picnics people mostly cook outdoors, some also use barbecues and grills to cook. People on picnics do cooking together and also have conversations and enjoyment while they cook. On the other hand, cooking at home is done in the kitchen. Mostly cooking is done by certain members of a family who are bound to do it for everyone else. I believe cooking during picnics is more fun.
- be bound to: chắc chắn xảy ra, chắc chắn làm điều gì
7. Where do you go on a picnic? Why?
I think a park or forest with beautiful green surroundings is the ideal green spot to host a picnic because it will give you plenty of space to invite a lot of people and keep you entertained with fun games after enjoying your picnic dishes.
- host a picnic: tổ chức một buổi dã ngoại
8. When was the last time you went on a picnic?
Well, a very a long time ago, I guess, as I can’t even recall it. Yeah, the only picnic that I can recall now is the one I went on a couple of years ago. Maybe, I visited some picnics more recently as well, but, unfortunately, I don’t remember it now.
Trên đây là những câu hỏi phổ biến trong IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Chủ đề Picnic. Hy vọng bài viết sẽ giúp các bạn học, luyện thi IELTS để chuẩn bị thật tốt cho kì thi sắp tới nhé!
Chúc các bạn thành công!