Từ vựng chủ đề Water trong IELTS Writing task 2
The importance of water
|1||Substance (noun)||a type of solid, liquid or gas that has particular qualities||chất|
|2||Perform photosynthesis (verb phrase)||to perform the process in which plants turn carbon dioxide, sunlight and water into food||thực hiện quá trình quang hợp|
|3||Potable water (compound noun)||the same as ‘drinking water’||nước uống|
|4||Poor-quality (phrase)||not good||chất lượng kém|
- Firstly, water is one of the most important substances on earth. If there were no water, there would be no life on earth.
- For example, plants need not only sunlight or carbon dioxide but also water to perform photosynthesis generating food and energy for the trees.
- Secondly, humans themselves need potable water so as to maintain their lives and other daily activities like cooking or washing.
- For example, poor quality drinking water is the major cause of diseases and deaths in some countries.
Problems with water supply
Poor-quality drinking water
|1||Industrial waste (compound noun)||the waste produced from industrial processes||chất thải công nghiệp|
|2||Domestic sewage (compound noun)||wastewater from households||nước thải gia đình, nước thải sinh hoạt|
|3||Leak into something||(of a liquid or gas) to get in or out through a small hole or crack in something||rò rỉ, rỉ ra, rò ra cái gì|
|4||Water supply system (compound noun)||the network that provides water for communities||hệ thống cung cấp nước|
|5||Water purification system (compound noun)||the system or machine that help purify water used for drinking||hệ thống lọc nước|
- Firstly, industrial waste and domestic sewage leaking into the water supply system is likely to contaminate the water used for drinking.
- Secondly, low quality potable water is possibly the result of the poor water purification systems in some countries.
|1||Sewage leakage (compound noun)||the amount of sewage leaking||rò rỉ nước thải sinh hoạt|
|2||Water filtration||the same as ‘water purification’||sự lọc nước|
- Government should pay attention to construct reliable machine systems for purifying water used in households and at the same time sewage system should be improved so as to prevent sewage leakage.
- Each household should also be aware of the importance of drinking clean water and have a water filtration product at home.
|1||Water scarcity||the same as ‘water shortage’||Sự thiếu nước|
|2||Prolonged drought||the drought that lasts for a long time||hạn hán dài|
|3||Water contamination (noun)||ô nhiễm nước|
|4||Undrinkable (adj)||Not fit to be drunk because of impurity or poor quality.||không thể uống được|
- The first cause of water scarcity is overusing and misusing water.
- Another reason for the lack of drinking water is the prolonged droughts taking place in many parts of the world.
- The final culprit is water contamination, which prompts the water undrinkable.
|1||Access to something (noun phrase)||the opportunity or right to use something or to see somebody/something||tiếp cận được với cái gì|
|2||Sanitation (noun)||the equipment and systems that keep places clean, especially by removing human waste||hệ thống vệ sinh|
|3||Waterborne disease (compound noun)||Disease can be spread while bathing, washing or drinking water, or by eating food exposed to infected water.||các bệnh lây lan qua nước thông qua việc tắm giặt hay uống hay ăn đồ ăn có nhiễm nước bẩn|
|4||water crisis (compound noun)||used to refer as water shortage||khủng hoảng nước|
|5||political conflict (compound noun)||the conflict related to politics||mâu thuẫn chính trị|
- Without access to clean water, people are likely to be prevented from having proper sanitation.
- This could lead to some waterborne diseases. In many places, lack of water is responsible for many deaths every year.
- Another effect of water crisis is that it could lead to political conflicts or even wars because in order to facilitate industrial process or agricultural activities, there needs to be an enormous amount of water.
Should water be free or not?
Reasons why water should be free
|1||Hinder (verb)||Make it difficult for (someone) to do something or for (something) to happen.||Cản trở|
|2||Mortality rate (compound noun)||the same as death rate||tử lệ tử vong|
- Charging drinking water may hinder the access to clean water amongst low-income population, which can result in the increased mortality rates, especially infant mortality rates.
Reasons why water should not be free
|1||Take somebody/something for granted (phrase)||to be so used to somebody/something that you do not recognize their true value anymore and do not show that you are grateful||coi ai đó/cái gì đó là đương nhiên|
|2||Misuse (verb)||Use (something) in the wrong way or for the wrong purpose.||sử dụng sai mục đích|
|3||Run out (of something) (phrasal verb)||to use up or finish a supply of something||hết cái gì đó|
|4||Overuse (verb)||Use too much.||sử dụng quá nhiều|
- If water is free, people will take it for granted. For this reason, the amount of clean water wasted is likely to skyrocket and very soon water sources will run out completely.
- Paying for pure water can prevent residents from overusing and misusing the water effectively.
Trên đây là rất nhiều từ vựng hay về chủ đề Water rồi đúng không nào các bạn. Dù đây chỉ là chủ đề rất nhỏ thôi nhưng nó cũng hoàn toàn có thể xuất hiện trong một bài task 2 cụ thể đấy.
UEC - Trung Tâm Luyện Thi IELTS - Học IELTS Đà Nẵng
UEC - Trung Tâm Luyện Thi IELTS - Học IELTS Đà Nẵng