Cách học IELTS Speaking hiệu quả đó là việc chuẩn bị từ vựng trước khi nói vì từ vựng là một trong bốn tiêu chí chấm điểm Speaking. Do đó việc trau dồi từ vựng là rất quan trọng. Hôm nay, Anh ngữ UEC – địa chỉ học luyện thi IELTS uy tín tại Đà Nẵng sẽ chia sẻ với các bạn Bài mẫu và từ vựng chủ đề COUNTRYSIDE trong IELTS Speaking nhé!
Các bạn có thể học cách trả lời hiệu quả thông qua việc tham khảo câu trả lời mẫu dưới đây nha!
Mục lục bài viết
I. Bài mẫu và từ vựng Part 1 chủ đề COUNTRYSIDE
1. Have you ever live in the countryside?
As a matter of fact, I have. I used to stay with my grandparents every summer in the countryside. I gotta say I was quite font of the bucolic sceneries and lifestyle there, which is very laid back, pared down and serene.
- bucolic (adj) = rural: thuộc vùng nông thôn
- laid back (adj): thoải mái
- to pare down: tối giản, làm đơn giản
- serene (adj): thanh bình
2. What you usually do in the countryside?
People usually think there’s not much to do in the countryside, but that’s not the case at all. If anything, there’s a lot more to do there than in the city. Some of the things I quite enjoy doing whenever I find myself in the countryside are feeding the animals, going long walk and stargazing. But honestly, I think the best thing to do in the countryside is to do nothing at all; just unplug, relax and enjoy the leisurely pace of life.
- to be (not) the case: không đúng, không chính xác
- go on a walk: đi dạo
- unplug (v): rời xa khỏi các thiết bị công nghệ/ mạng xã hội
- pace of life: nhịp sống
3. Do you often visit the countryside?
Yes, actually I pay a visit to rural areas on a monthly basis in order to get closer to nature and enjoy the fresh air there. In fact, this activity is a great way for me to recharge my batteries after a hard-working month.
- pay a visit to somewhere /ˈvɪz.ɪt/ (verb phrase): đến thăm đâu
- get closer to nature (verb phrase): gần gũi với thiên nhiên
- recharge my batteries /ˌriːˈtʃɑːdʒ/ (idiom): nạp lại năng lượng
4. If so, who do you visit in the countryside?
It depends on different situations. When I wanna put my feet up and contemplate my future, I just visit rural areas on my own. However, sometimes when I would love to bond with my friends, I would go with them.
- put one’s feet up (idiom): thư giãn
- contemplate something (verb): suy ngẫm về điều gì
- bond with somebody (verb): phát triển mối quan hệ với ai
5. Will you live in the countryside in the future?
Now that’s a swell idea. But I would say no. For now, I am sucker for the convenient of big cities, like eating out, easy transport and nightlife, so I can’t really see myself living without them permanently. But maybe someday I’ll change my mind..
- swell (adj) = great: tuyệt vời
- to be a sucker for sth: rất thích cái gì
- to see myself doing sth = imagine myself doing s.th: tưởng tượng mình làm gì
Yes, as I’m a big fan of nature, I always wish I could settle down in rural areas. You know, the countryside is superb in terms of the air quality and the cost of living.
- a big fan of something (noun phrase): thích cái gì
- settle down (phrasal verb): định cư
- superb (adj): tuyệt vời
- the cost of living (noun phrase): chi phí sinh hoạt
6. Have areas of countryside in your country changed since you were a child?
There is a massive change in the countryside, primarily because of industrialization. The lush green fields are converted to mills and industries. Young people no longer stay there.
7. Do you think that visits to the countryside should be something that schools offer to their children?
Yes. It is an excellent idea for schools to arrange excursions to take their children to the countryside. Nowadays, most children spend their time on video games. So the excursions would be an excellent opportunity for them to appreciate nature.
II. IELTS Speaking Part 2 chủ đề COUNTRYSIDE
Describe an enjoyable/unforgettable experience you had in the countryside
You should say :
- what the activity was
- when you did it
- who you did with it
- why it was enjoyable
1. Bài mẫu
It was two years ago when I had my very first motorbike trip with my friends to the first and most ancient village which is located in the Southern [our country]. It is an unforgettable trip that I’ve ever had.
Our group had three people, Jack, Jenny and me. We chose to visit that village because we wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and get off the beaten track. Moreover, the village is also the birthplace of my grandparent, and I felt excited to visit the village and get a closer insight into the lifestyle of local people as well as my grandparent.
We set out for a day trip to date back to the tradition of our country very early. I’m always a night owl, not an early bird, so leaving the city at 5AM made me feel like I was deprived of sleep. However, I was deliriously happy shortly after embarking on the trip to the village. It was because on the way to get there we admired the breathtaking landscapes which is different from the city we are currently living in.
After an hour’s drive, we got to the picturesque village, which made me feel over the moon. We rented some bikes to cycle around the village with a lot of small alleyways filled with green grass. After riding a bike to the paddy field to get the vibes of the village, we visited some 400-year-old ancient house which made of mud and laterite and had a look at communal houses where the local people gathered for festival celebration or public meeting.
After that, we had lunch with much scrumptious food which is locally and organically grown. In the afternoon, we joined a cooking class with the villagers who were extremely friendly and talented at making traditional cakes. The highlight of the trip to the village was going to the paddy fields to help the farmers harvest the crop. It was such a once-in-a-lifetime experience which I enjoyed.
That was our first motorbike trip to the outskirt of the city, and the first time in the countryside so we enjoyed every single moment there. Jenny was like a dog with two tails while Jack and I were also on cloud nine. We relished everything in the village from the fresh air, cozy ambience to beautiful landscapes such as small houses or paddy fields. We were very much hope that we can embark on a more extended trip to the countryside down the road if we have more spare time.
2. Từ vựng
Hustle and bustle: nhiều hoạt động và tiếng ồn
- He goes to the park regularly to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Off the beaten track: nơi hẻo lánh, vắng vẻ
- Kim’s family planned to go somewhere off the beaten track during the summer vacation
Get insight into: nhìn thấu, hiểu thấu được bên trong sự vật
- The book gave a deep insight into the plight of workers in coffee plantations.
Night owl: cú đêm, người hay thức khuya
- He was at the party till 4:00 AM in the morning. He’s such a night owl.
Early bird: người hay dậy sớm
- Oliver was always an early bird.
Deliriously happy (adj) = extremely happy or excited: rất rất vui
- Jack was deliriously happy when he heard the news.
Embark on: bắt đầu 1 dự án hoặc cuộc kinh doanh
- ABC Company decided to embark on overseas expansion.
Breathtaking: cực kỳ ấn tượng, cực kỳ đẹp
- The landscape in Scotland was breathtaking.
Picturesque: đẹp như tranh
- It was a picturesque lake.
Over the moon: rất vui
- Juliet was over the moon when Romeo proposed to her.
Alleyway: con đường hẹp (hẻm, kiệt)
- There are two big cars parked in this tiny alleyway.
Feel the vibe: cảm giác/ sự rung cảm
- I could feel positive vibes in the house.
Laterite: đá ong (tên một loại đá)
- The soil is composed of laterite and hence is not very suitable for cultivation.
Have/take a look at: tập trung vào điều gì đó
- The Engineer sent three assistants to take a look at the bridge.
Communal: [thuộc] cộng đồng
- It was a communal riot.
Scrumptious: rất ngon
- Scrumptious food was served at the party.
Once-in-a-lifetime experience: một lần trong đời (một trải nghiệm, một cơ hội hoặc tình huống có thể sẽ không bao giờ lặp lại nữa)
- Travelling to the Himalayas is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
II. IELTS Speaking Part 3 chủ đề COUNTRYSIDE
1. What are the advantages of living in the countryside?
Living in the countryside can benefit people in a wide range of ways. Living in the countryside is better for one’s health condition, thanks to significantly lower levels of air pollution. It is undeniable that air quality in big cities is so bad that long-term exposure to it may cause respiratory diseases and other health problems. Besides, the cost of living in rural areas is likely to be lower than that in cities. Although people in the city tend to make more money than people in the countryside do, they have to spend more on food, accommodation and transportation.
Therefore, one can save more money by living in the countryside without working as hard.
- exposure (to something) (noun): tiếp xúc với cái gì
- respiratory diseases: bệnh liên quan đến hô hấp
There are several health and financial benefits when living in rural areas. As regards advantages to our health, we have a chance to enjoy the fresh and pollution-free air in the countryside rather than suffer from a long-term exposure to severely-polluted air in big cities, which helps us avoid respiratory diseases and other health problems. About financial ones, the cost of living in rural areas tend to be much lower than that in urban areas, so people don’t financially struggle when it comes to their daily expenses as compared to city dwellers.
- exposure (to something) (noun): tiếp xúc với cái gì
- respiratory diseases (noun phrase): bệnh liên quan đến đường hô hấp
- daily expenses (noun phrase): chi tiêu hàng ngày
- city dweller (noun phrase): người dân thành phố
2. What are the disadvantages of living in the countryside?
Although living in the countryside can do wonders for your wellbeing, it is undeniable that there are still some drawbacks of living in the countryside. To be more specific, not having good transport on your doorstep, will make it inconvenient to travel to a far-away place, which also means you will squander more time on commuting. Another disadvantage is that country-dwellers also have fewer job opportunities compared to those in the cities, thereby resulting in a lower standard of living.
- do wonders: ảnh hưởng tốt
- squander: lãng phí
- country-dwellers (noun phrase): người nông thôn
Despite the above-mentioned advantages of living in rural areas, it also has a couple of clear disadvantages. The first one is fewer employment opportunities as compared to big cities, that’s why a growing number of young people tend to move to cities rather than stay in the countryside. Besides, rural areas lack forms of recreation. It’s difficult to find a shopping mall or a cinema in the countryside. Moreover, some rural areas even don’t suffice to provide basic amenities such as clean water for all people.
- employment opportunity (noun phrase): cơ hội việc làm
- a form of recreation (noun phrase): hình thức giải trí
- suffice to do something (noun phrase): đủ để làm gì
- basic amenities (noun phrase): những tiện nghi cơ bản
3. What kinds of people live in the countryside?
To the best of my knowledge, many people decide to live in the countryside because they want to downshift to a less stressful life. Although people who live in the countryside can still lead hectic lives, the peace of their surroundings helps to bring them to a gentle halt and remind them not to rush life away.
to the best of my knowledge = as far as I know /as I understand it: theo như tôi biết
There are many kinds of people who are interested in living in rural areas. I think the first kind is somebody who doesn’t wanna live in a fast-paced environment in big cities anymore. They kinda don’t wanna put themselves under great pressure. So, they usually retire from their jobs, or in other words, old people. Another kind is somebody who is a big fan of nature. They love getting closer to nature, and relish fresh air there.
fast-paced (adj): nhịp sống nhanh
put somebody under great pressure (verb phrase): đặt ai vào áp lực lớn
get closer to nature (verb phrase): gần gũi hơn với thiên nhiên
relish something (verb): tận hưởng cái gì
4. What do people living in the countryside like to do?
I reckon that when living in the countryside, people can enjoy a myriad of activities that they hardly have in cities such as going out at night without fear of street criminals, doing exercise in the early morning to enjoy the fresh air.
- A myriad of: vô số
5. How has life changed over time in the countryside?
The countryside has experienced specific changes for the last few decades. Firstly, people, especially farmers, have applied modern technologies in their work. Therefore, productivity has significantly improved while people don’t have sweat as much as they used to. Moreover, young people in the countryside tend to move to town to seek job opportunities. As a result, the population in the countryside is reducing and ageing.
6. Do you think it is better to live in the countryside or in the city?
As often as this question is raised, I believe it remains a tough decision to make when it comes to choosing between living in the countryside and living in the city. Many people have been attracted to live and work in big cities because of better employment opportunities and higher living standards. This massive rural-to-urban migration has, however, led to an increase in environmental pollution, traffic and social issues in urban areas. It would be a better idea for people to live in the suburb and travel into the city to work every day so that they can enjoy the best of both worlds.
- Living standards: mức sống
7. How is the countryside different from town?
There are many things which differ in the countryside from town. It is much less crowded in the country than in cities. Besides, the pace of life in the countryside is slow while people living in big cities always seem to be in a hurry. Also, it is much more healthy to live out of big cities because the air in the country is fresher and there is not as much noise.
8. Do youngsters prefer living in rural areas? Why or why not?
Youngsters prefer to live in the cities. It is mainly because of the innumerous job opportunities that a city offers. Apart from this, a city offers good healthcare and educational facilities.
Hy vọng bài viết về chủ đề Bài mẫu và từ vựng chủ đề COUNTRYSIDE cho IELTS Speaking Part 1, 2, 3 sẽ hữu ích cho các bạn. Chúc các bạn thành công!!